OUTLINE OF DEGREE STRUCTURE
The Master of expert Accounting needs the completion of 96 credit points comprising:
- 84 credit points in core units of study, and
- 12 credit points in optional products of research.
Core devices of research
(i) Foundational products:
- ACCT5001 Accounting Principles,
- BUSS5000 Critical Thinking in Business,
- BUSS5001 Firms, Markets and Company Control,
- CLAW5001 Legal Environment of Business,
- FINC5001 Capital Markets and Corporate Finance,
- INFS5000 Accounting Ideas Techniques, and
- QBUS5002 Quantitative Means Of Accounting.
(ii) Advanced devices:
- ACCT5002 Managerial Accounting and Decision-making,
- ACCT6001 Intermediate Financial Reporting,
- ACCT6007 Contemporary Problems in Auditing,
- ACCT6010 Advanced Financial Reporting,
- CLAW6002 Business Structures used, and
- CLAW6026 Taxation Law and Application.
(iii) Capstone device:
- ACCT6120 Business Governance and Accountability.
Optional products of study
Conclusion of two electives normally a necessity of level. Electives are selected from many company class products of research, put down inside University of Sydney Business School (Postgraduate) Handbook, including:
- ACCT6002 International Accounting
- ACCT6003 Financial Record Analysis
- ACCT6006 Advanced Managerial Accounting
- ACCT6014 Designing Accounting Techniques
- ACCT6015 Prolonged Efficiency Reporting
- BUSS6500 Business Positioning
- BUSS6505 FOLLOWING Innovation Plan (previously Deloitte FASTRACK Innovation Challenge)
- CLAW6030 China's Appropriate Environment for Business
- CLAW6031 Overseas Financial Crime
- FINC6001 Intermediate Corporate Finance
- FINC6013 Global Business Finance
- FINC6016 Financial Instruments and Areas
- IBUS5003 Worldwide Business
- INFS6012 Business Systems Management
- ITLS6501 Infrastructure Funding
- QBUS6310 Company Operations Evaluation
- WORK5003 Management and Organisations
- WORK6030 Performance and Rewards.
Suggested progression sequence
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Vital Thinking operating
|Intermediate Financial Reporting
|Managerial Accounting & Decision Making
|Quantitative Options For Accounting
|Accounting Information Techniques
|Legal Environment of Business
|Firms, Marketing & Business Management
|24 credit things|
12 MONTHS TWO
|Advanced Financial Reporting
|Modern Issues in Auditing
|Corporate Structures used
|Taxation Law & Rehearse
|Capital Markets & Business Finance
|Corporate Governance & Accountability
An applicant for the Master of Professional Accounting finishes their core units ACCT5001 Accounting Principles and BUSS5000 important Thinking in operation in the first semester of enrolment. The capstone core product, ACCT6120 business Governance and Accountability, is finished in the last semester of enrolment. The remaining products are completed in any purchase based on prerequisite/corequisite demands. Pupils should refer to the business enterprise School(Postgraduate) Handbook with this level for the recommended series of development.
Sydney Master of expert Accounting students anticipate employment in (and finally, formation of one's own) bookkeeping techniques; also to roles as chief financial officials, main information officials, financial controllers, business secretaries, monetary experts and planners, tax and estate advisers, economic and management accounting firms, auditors, system developers, investment advisors and supervisors.
CPA Australian Continent and CAANZ certification
The Master of pro Accounting satisfies the requirements of professional accreditation with CPA Australia (cpaaustralia.com.au) along with Chartered Accountants Australian Continent and New Zealand (charteredaccountants.com.au).
Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) certification
Pupils completing the Master of pro Accounting qualify for four exam exemptions through the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA). Besides, students which execute specific accredited devices will also be qualified to receive a further five ACCA exam exemptions. For details, relate to the ACCA internet site.
Pupils who've completed a company class Master’s level are eligible to follow the Master of Commerce at a diminished extent of 1 year (generally couple of years full time). See Master of Commerce for more info.
The University of Sydney Business class has actually a highly skilled reputation for the standard of its research across a wide range of scholastic procedures. The Master of pro Accounting is an entry pathway to your higher level by research programs, the physician of Philosophy (PhD) and Master of Philosophy (MPhil).
The postgraduate research programs provided by business School attract numerous domestic and intercontinental pupils annually. With more than 180 analysis students currently enrolled, we've one of many largest and a lot of diverse greater degree by analysis programs in the Asia-Pacific area. Find out more information regarding Sydney study at sydney.edu.au/business/research.
A successful applicant for entry towards Master of Professional Accounting will keep the same in principle as an Australian bachelor's degree, graduate diploma/certificate from a recognised tertiary institution with the very least credit (65 %) average. Skills granted outside Australia can also be used for admission but equivalencies and entry requirements are determined on the basis of the nation, institution and qualification. You can find guidelines of the most extremely common intercontinental entry demands at .
How to use
Programs are made straight to the University and examined because of the company School.
Overseas individuals may apply:
(i) right to the University, or
(ii) through a University offshore associate (education broker).
Postgraduate Domestic Tuition Fee
This 2016, tuition charge for a domestic postgraduate pupil represents the cost this is certainly payable by you into the twelve months you start your training course, commencing in 2015 for a typical yearly full time load of 48 credit things (1.0 EFTSL). In the event the study load is more or significantly less than the 1.0 EFTSL your fee will differ.
Annual analysis for postgraduate domestic university fees charge
Significantly, tuition fees are subject to yearly analysis by the University, as they are likely to boost annually of one's period of research, effective at the start of each calendar year.
Extra incidental charges
For some courses you will find incidental costs additional towards the pupil share and/or program charge. Some of these costs tend to be significant, like, faculty-specific materials, resources, shielded clothing and gear. For more info about these additional incidental fees, kindly visit the University's Future Students' internet site.
Prospect of inaccuracy
Whilst each reasonable effort has been made to add proper and up up to now information inside prospectus, you may be additionally recommended to seek advice from directly using Student Centre for domestic students or the Global Office for worldwide students in order to offer you specific or over to date information about those charges.